Scarborough has many attractions, from the medieval castle to the charming old town. Beaches on the North Bay and South Bay. There is a sea life centre, cliff walks. Close to the hotel is St. Mary’s Church where Anne Bronte is buried. The coast is mentioned in her book Agnes Grey.
Scarborough Art Gallery
– Has a lively temporary exhibition programme
– The finest surviving purpose built museum of its age in the country, built in 1828
– As mentioned in her book Agnes Grey, she loved Scarborough
John Atkinson Grimshaw
- The Artist was a Victorian era painter from Leeds. The poem Castle By The Sea was written by Henry Longfellow describing Scarboroughs fabulous views. Grimshaw lived at the Castle By The Sea in Scarborough for 3 years.
Stephen Joseph Theatre
– Excellent award winning productions, theatre & restaurant
Spa Conference Centre
- Shows throughout the year as well as musicals, pantomimes and orchestras.
– Childrens' shows, ballet, concerts, summer shows and cinema.
– Showing up to date popular films!
Opera House Casino
– Also a restaurant and bar